Plantar fasciitis is a very common diagnosis in my office. If you are experiencing heel pain which is usually very bad after getting out of bed and after being off your feet for a while try the following:
- Stretching-“pull your toes to your nose” and hold for 30 sec. repeat throughout the day
- Ice- 1 to 2 times a day to decrease pain and inflammation. Freeze a water bottle and roll under your foot.
- Arch supports. Custom is the best to decrease any biomedical instability there is but OTC is also an option (not too soft or it won’t support the arch).
- Soothing and cooling essential oils: Topically I love deep blue essential oil by doTERRA which includes wintergreen, camphor, peppermint, ylang ylang, blue tansy, blue chamomile, helichrysum and osmanthus.
- A diet that deceases inflammation..I LOVE Dr. Joel Fuhrman!!!